Welcome to Shiwaw Music®, a service provided by Shiwaw Music S.A.R.L.
Our principlesWe have a pretty simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarized as follows:
You should know exactly what we do with your information
Information we collect about youWe collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don't need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a Shiwaw Music® account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of Shiwaw Music® account, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook and don't give your permission to share it with ShiwawMusic), your month and year of birth, and choose a password.
- Non-essential information: Your gender if you wish to provide it.
- Profile information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on Shiwaw Music® – for example:
- your real name
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label or some other category of creator)
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles
- None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the web forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you upload sounds to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
- Information we collect automatically
- There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform. This information includes but is not limited to:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming, offline listening or downloading tracks, uploading or recording tracks, connecting your Facebook account, sharing a sound with another user, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Platform
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID
- your location data (e.g. GPS) when using Shiwaw Music Apps,
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
Shiwaw Music allows you to sign up and log in using your Facebook account. If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with Shiwaw Music. This includes your first name, last name, email address in order for us to verify your identity and gender, general location, a link to your Facebook profile, your time zone, birthday, profile picture, your "likes" and your list of friends.
If you sign up to Shiwaw Music ® using Facebook, your Shiwaw Music® account will be connected automatically to your Facebook account.
How we use your informationWe use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To operate and maintain your Shiwaw Music® account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you sign into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
- To identify you as the creator of the sounds that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To provide other users with data regarding people's listening behavior of their sounds, i.e. streaming and downloading their sounds or playlists or following their profiles.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications.
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve Shiwaw Music® and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
- Other users: Any information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, listen to and comment on any of your public sounds, add themselves to your list of followers, and send you messages. If you listen to any sounds uploaded by a pro user, the fact that you have listened to those sounds will be shared with that pro user as well as that you are following that pro user now, so that they can track the popularity of their sounds. Similarly, if you comment on any sounds on the Platform, your comments will be available to all users of the Platform.
- With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service providers: We use certain reputable third parties to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal data to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your Shiwaw Music® account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google+or Twitter, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Google+or Twitter, any new public sounds that you post or listen to on Shiwaw Music® or any new favorites will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks.
- Advertisers may use third party services to ensure their ads are properly served and to measure the success of their campaigns on websites and apps. We allow these services to collect and use the information for such purposes.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Shiwaw Music® community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Shiwaw Music, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency. Access to your data
Improving and customizing the Platform and advertising:
Access to your dataMost of the personal data and other information you provide to us can be updated in your Shiwaw Music® account. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal data we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any personal data that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com , or the address provided below.
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.